Monday, October 17, 2011

I Guess I'll Comment About the Elephant in the Room

                It is rather funny we went through seven weeks of blogging about secrets, privacy, and cryptology without once mentioning the infamous Facebook. I will admit, while I have a facebook and do check it rather regularly, I am the last person to talk about the secrets of the mysterious world that is Facebook. My sister created my facebook account, for I know absolutely nothing about computers! Lucky for you, I found a website to share the Facebook secrets, so I do not have to pretend as if I know what I am talking about. This website follows an experiment that was designed to unravel the algorithms of the social network, something the people of Facebook intentionally keep quiet. Questions about what type of posts and comments show up on your newsfeed are all answered on this website. Take a look. You may be surprised!

3 comments:

  1. That was a very interesting article. I never thought Facebook was such an intricate website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought of Facebook but you're right there are so many codes and algorithms that touch upon cryptology. I never really thought a lot about how Facebook works but it is incredibly complex, all written with code and algorithms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly if we're talking complex think about all the codes and algorithms that goes into sites like Google and Youtube.

    ReplyDelete