Wednesday, November 23, 2011
My Public Blog About Privacy
This Blog, A. Fly's Cryptanalysis, was the very first blog I ever created. I am fairly incompetent when it comes to computers, and was a little distraught in the beginning of the semester when my First Year Seminar professor assigned us to make a blog and update it weekly. Not only was I taken aback by the idea that I would actually have to figure out how to set up a blog (my sister had to set up my Facebook and email accounts, for I am not kidding when I say I know nothing about computers!) but I was also surprised to hear the topic of these blogs was anything to do with secrecy and privacy. Firstly, I don't do so well with extremely broad topics. It will take me forever just to narrow it down enough to write something substantial! But most importantly, I was perplexed by the concept of writing about secrecy and privacy on a PUBLIC blog. Anything posted on a blog can be accessed by anyone who has internet access. It seemed rather ironic and paradoxical to write about privacy through a media in which privacy doesn't seem to exist. I also wondered how many people would actually read it. Over the course of the semester, I have had a substantial amount of viewers! In the 200's! Now, I know not all of those can come from other people in my seminar. I was also surprised to see I also have an audience from Russia and Germany! It is truly amazing how the internet can connect people from across the world, but I often wonder how these people find my posts. I am totally clueless as to how blogs work, or even why they exist! Who wants to read the posts of someone he or she doesn't know on completely random topics? These were all the questions I had when i first started this blog, but I guess it is good to get opinions from a different point of view and start a conversation. Maybe that's what the creator of blogs had in mind... What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment