Monday, September 26, 2011

I Know Something You Don’t Know!



            How many of you decided to read this blog solely because you read the title and immediately wanted to know more. You just could not stand the idea of being left in the dark about something, anything: it doesn’t matter what it is. You know the saying, “Secrets secrets are no fun, unless you share them with everyone.” Why are secrets so enticing? Why do whispers send out hearts racing and make us want to be on the inside of the clandestine gossip. Is this quality innate in all people? I believe so. The curious thing is what we do with the knowledge after we attain it. This is where variation occurs. Some keep the secrets to themselves under lock and key, bragging that they now know something others don’t know. Contrarily, some must share the information immediately, for what is the point in knowing a secret if others don’t know that you know it. Why do people behave in this strange manner? I know the answer to this secret. I’d tell you… but then I’d have to kill you ;)

2 comments:

  1. You remind me of the saying:

    The urge to discover secret is depply ingrained in human nature; even the least curious mind is roused by the promise of sharing knowledge withheld from others.
    ——John Chadwick

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is with people always iconically threatening to kill someone after they find out about a big secret? Can't we just trust that people will keep their mouths shut.(LOL) But in all seriousness, I thought you made a very good point. But, one idea you didn't mention is that people try to uncover secrets even if they know they wont like what they find. To quote one of my favorite TV characters when he's talking about the nature of human curiosity," its not the urge to jump, its deeper then that. Its the urge to fall."

    ReplyDelete